Simplify hazmat compliance
and develop a step-by-step approach to prepare and offer hazardous materials shipments for ground transportation
in full compliance with DOT PHMSA's 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) for 2019. US DOT requires training for all hazmat shippers and training must be repeated every 3 years.
- Engaging, interactive 49 CFR hazardous materials shipper training.
- 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR).
- Trusted compliance resources and references to simplify hazmat compliance.
- Year-round updates to your course resources and alerts about rule changes.
- 365 days of Lion Membership for complete compliance support.
- Certificate to demonstrate competence and fluency in 49 CFR hazmat regulations.
DOT Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification training covers:
- What is a DOT hazardous material?
- Lion's 10 Steps for Hazmat Transportation
- Recognizing and responding to security threats
- Classifying hazardous materials
- Using the 49 CFR 172.101 table and selecting shipping names
- General packaging requirements
- Selecting authorized packaging (non-bulk, bulk, excepted)
- Packaging specification, filling and closing packages
- Marking and labeling packages
- Preparing Shipping Papers and Manifests
- Placarding requirements
- Loading, unloading, and segregation rules
- Recordkeeping and training mandates
- Reporting hazmat incidents
- Regulatory reliefs and special permits