This online course is designed to help you build on your highway shipping knowledge to meet DOT’s function-specific hazmat training requirement for rail shippers. US DOT requires training for all “hazmat employees” once every three years, and fines for hazmat shipping mistakes are now up to $79,976 per day, per violation.
To ship hazmat by rail, personnel need function-specific training on the rules for this unique mode of transport [49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)]. Whether you ship hazmat by tank car, freight container, bulk or non-bulk package, this online course covers the 49 CFR requirements you must know to ship safely, prevent rejected shipments, and avoid costly DOT hazmat fines.
Interested in training a large group? Check out our Group Training options.
DOT Hazmat Rail Shipper Training Topics:
- Understanding the rail supply chain
- Offering and accepting hazmat rail shipments
- Placarding requirements for hazmat rail cars
- Loading, unloading, and transloading rail tank cars
- Packaging hazmat for rail and handling leaking packages
- Shippers’ tank car inspection responsibilities
- New and developing rules for high-hazard flammable trains (HHFTs)
- Unique requirements and restrictions for Class 3, 2, 2.1, and 6.1 materials
Who Should Attend:
This hazmat rail shipper course is designed for hazmat employees with a working knowledge of the US DOT’s 49 CFR hazmat regulations who need to know the additional rules that apply to hazmat shipments offered for rail transportation.
Hazmat Training Prerequisite:
Prior training in the US DOT hazardous materials regulations (49 CFR). We recommend completing HMT P30 or HMT 300, Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification (DOT), prior to this training.