Lion’s Hazmat Ground Shipper initial certification is a top rated 2 day course designed to help compliance professionals meet the US DOT’s hazmat training standard. Using Lion's Ten Steps™ for hazmat transportation as a foundation, students will learn a systematic approach for applying the most up-to-date hazmat rules to regulated shipments.
Presented nationwide and available online 24/7, Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification includes in-depth exercises to reinforce the content and illustrate the real-world applications of the regulations. Students who complete this workshop will be prepared to classify, name, package, and label hazardous materials for shipment, supervise hazmat employees, and sign/certify hazmat shipping papers.
Important: Hazardous materials training is required for all "hazmat employees" under the U.S. DOT hazardous materials regulations (49 CFR Part 172, Subpart H). Hazmat training is required within 90 days for new employees. Training must be repeated every three years and periodically as rules change (see Hazmat Training FAQ). Civil penalties for non-compliance are now up to as $78,376 per day, per violation.
|Online ........................$449 each
|| Add To Cart
|Public Workshop .......$695 each*
*For multiple same time attendees, discounts may apply.
|| Select City
Interested in training a large group? Check out our Group Training options.Your Registration includes:
- Free online prep course Intro to DOT Hazmat Regulations (for DOT Hazmat workshop attendees only)
- Engaging, interactive 49 CFR hazmat certification training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to document your DOT hazmat training
- Updates to your reference materials throughout the year
- 365 days of Lion Membership for complete compliance support
Learn the Latest Hazmat Ground Shipper (DOT) – Initial Rules:
- What is a DOT hazardous material?
- Lion's 10 Steps for Hazmat Transportation
- Recognizing and responding to security threats
- Classifying hazardous materials
- Using the 49 CFR 172.101 table and selecting shipping names
- General packaging requirements
- Selecting authorized packaging (non-bulk, bulk, excepted)
- Packaging specification, filling and closing packages
- Marking and labeling packages
- Preparing Shipping Papers and Manifests
- Placarding requirements
- Loading, unloading, and segregation rules
- Recordkeeping and training mandates
- Reporting hazmat incidents
- Regulatory reliefs and special permits
Who Attends Hazmat Ground Shipper (DOT) – Initial Training?
Hazmat employees who must ensure compliance with the U.S. DOT hazardous materials regulations, who read and interpret hazmat rules, sign shipping papers or the EPA's hazardous waste manifests, prepare and offer materials for transport, or oversee the activities of other hazmat employees.
About Hazmat Ground Shipper (DOT) Training
Additional Classes We Recommend:
Latest Hazmat Ground Shipper (DOT) – Initial Updates:
January 24, 2017—Pending further review, US DOT withdraws Final Rule HM 215N, which aimed to harmonized the 49 CFR regulations with international requirements.
June 29, 2016—PHMSA raises civil penalties for violations of hazmat regulations, including training rules.
January 18, 2016—DOT adds 96 hazmat Special Permits to the HMR
August 7, 2015—New US DOT rules for shipping lithium batteries are now mandatory