Lithium battery safety poses unique challenges. In addition to hazardous fluid leaks, improper handling of lithium batteries can result in dangerous thermal runaway fires, which can cause serious injury, physical damage, and evacuations. As lithium-ion and lithium-metal batteries become more and more common in industry—in power tools, electronic equipment, and more—it is critical that employees know how to handle and store lithium batteries safely.
Under OSHA’s General Duty Clause, employers must protect employees from all known workplace hazards. This interactive safety training course is designed for employees who handle and store lithium-ion or lithium-metal batteries at work, including personnel who package, mark, label, load, or unload shipments of lithium batteries.
Interested in training a large group? Check out our Group Training options.
Lithium Battery Safety Highlights:
- Unique characteristics of lithium batteries
- Hazards of lithium batteries (including thermal runaway fires)
- Safe storage of lithium batteries
- Fighting lithium battery fires in the workplace
- First-aid measures for employees
- Safe handling of lithium batteries
- Post-emergency cleanup and disposal
Shipping Lithium Batteries:
For employees dealing with the shipment of lithium batteries, this course is offered as a free add-on during the registration process of the Shipping Lithium Batteries (Function-Specific) Webinar and the Shipping Lithium Batteries Online Course.