The Hotline Service lets you leverage Lion's regulatory expertise in the fields of hazardous materials, environmental compliance, and workplace safety. Submit regulatory questions and receive reliable, peer-reviewed answers, guidance, and support.
Hotline users get priority access to Lion instructors, research staff, and subject matter experts via e-mail for a full year.
Submit your question(s) by e-mail and receive a formal, researched, and peer-reviewed response from Lion instructors and subject matter experts. All inquiries are answered during normal business hours, Monday–Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
How it works:
What kind of questions will the Hotline Service answer?
- Once you set up a Hotline account, you e-mail questions to a dedicated inbox.
- We assign your question(s) to the expert or experts best suited to answer it.
- Lion creates and peer-reviews a complete response that satisfies your inquiry
The Hotline Service provides detailed technical support and research to answer complex regulatory compliance questions. Through Hotline, Lion instructors, researchers, and subject matter experts will help you apply environmental, hazmat, and safety regulations to site-specific scenarios.
While every facility is unique, common questions from current Hotline clients cover topics like:
- If and how a specific substance is regulated by DOT, IATA, IMDG, EPA, or OSHA standards
- Applicable regulatory exclusions or exceptions for a given scenario
- Guidance to ship a new or unknown hazardous material
- Help to select appropriate packaging for hazardous materials shipments
- Review of agency interpretations and simple regulatory petitions
How do I setup a Hotline account?
I just need to find a specific regulation. Can Lion help?
The Hotline Service answers complex, site-specific questions and concerns. For general questions about where to find specific regulations, check out the Finder Service included with every Lion EH&S course.
To get started with Hotline, complete the sign up form
. Provide some basic information about yourself, add other authorized users (if applicable), submit payment information and boom–you're set.
How much does a Hotline account cost?
$2,000 activates your account for one year and reserves up to 10 hours
of research and production time. Additional hours, if needed, are billed at $175 per hour, figured to the nearest 1/10 of an hour (i.e., $17.50 per 6 minutes).
Research and production time beyond 10 hours will be carried out with your approval only, based on our estimate of time necessary to provide an adequate answer.
Am I the only one who can use my Hotline account?
When you start a Hotline account, you can select up to 5 authorized users
who can submit questions.
To start a Hotline Account:
- Complete the Account Sign Up Form
- Print or download the form and sign it
- Submit the form by mail or e-mail
Or call (888) 546-6511
to speak with a representative today.