The Event Planner will negotiate and contract hotel/conference room accommodations for Lion’s nationwide training seminars. We are searching for a self-motivated individual with a high attention to detail. The Event Planner must have the ability to multi-task and be deadline driven, organized, and strategic.
The incumbent will be responsible to supervise the accountabilities of several Customer Service Department staff members.
There is no travel required for this position. The incumbent must be able to work from our Sparta, NJ office.
- 5+ years' experience of event planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to assess multiple options and to identify the best choice to serve a specified goal.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Interpersonal skills – must possess the ability to interface with external parties (e.g., clients, vendors, etc.) and be able to work with staff as a team to accomplish common goals/projects
- Strong persuasiveness and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Adept at problem solving
- Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and database knowledge
Lion offers a competitive benefit package.
- Research, negotiate and contract hotel/conference room accommodations for training seminars, including instructor’s hotel accommodations
- Ensure event budget stays within guidelines
- Maintain an inventory of seminar materials including managing the quantities purchased from vendors and shipped to seminars as well as the timing and tracking of shipments.
- Analyze seminar evaluations and identify/implement recommendations to improve future events
- Supervise the accountabilities and evaluations for Customer Service Department staff members
If you meet our position qualifications, able to work from our office in Sparta, NJ, and would love working for a leading environmental training firm, please submit your resume for consideration with cover letter.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.