The Materials of Trade Exception
- For the purpose of protecting the health and safety of the motor vehicle operator or passengers (such as a fire extinguisher in case of fire);
- For the purpose of supporting the operation or maintenance of a motor vehicle (such as extra gasoline in the truck in case you run out); or
- By a private motor carrier (including vehicles operated by a rail carrier) in direct support of a principal business that is other than transportation.”
- Class 1 explosives,
- Division 2.3 poison gases,
- Self-reactive materials (Division 4.1),
- Division 4.2 spontaneously combustible materials,
- Division 4.3 dangerous when wet materials at the Packing Group I level,
- Poison by inhalation materials (Division 6.1),
- Class 7 radioactive material; and
- Hazardous wastes.
I love that the instructor emphasized the thought process behind the regs.
Corporate Product Stewardship Specialist
The course is well thought out and organized in a way that leads to a clearer understanding of the total training.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
The instructor clearly enjoys his job and transmits that enthusiasm. He made a dry subject very interesting and fun.
Lion's training was by far the best online RCRA training I've ever taken. It was challenging and the layout was great!
Hazardous Waste Professional
The instructor made the class enjoyable. He presented in a very knowledgeable, personable manner. Best class I've ever attended. Will take one again.
Environmental Compliance Manager
This was the 1st instructor that has made the topic actually enjoyable and easy to follow and understand. Far better than the "other" training providers our company has attended!
Process & Resource Administrator
I chose Lion's online webinar because it is simple, effective, and easily accessible.
Environmental Health & Safety Technician
Lion provided an excellent introduction to environmental regulations, making the transition to a new career as an EHS specialist less daunting of a task. Drinking from a fire hose when the flow of water is lessened, is much more enjoyable!
Lion is my preferred trainer for hazmat and DOT.
The instructor was very engaging and helped less experienced people understand the concepts.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Ace hazmat inspections. Protect personnel. Defend against civil and criminal penalties. How? See the self-audit "best practices" for hazardous materials shippers.