COVID-19 Training for Businesses in Illinois
To learn more, view our list of states with COVID-19 programs in place.
As part of Illinois’ Phase 4 (Revitalization Plan) to reopen the State, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity issued training requirements for all employers in the state looking to reopen. The plan mandates specific subject areas related to COVID-19 that workers must be trained on.
According to a checklist issued by the State of Illinois, workers must be trained on:
- Sources of exposure to the COVID-19 virus;
- Hazards associated with exposure to the virus;
- Best practices to reduce exposure to the virus (such as social distancing, best hygiene practices, and the use face coverings and other PPE);
- Appropriate workplace protocols to prevent and/or reduce likelihood of exposure to the virus (such as disinfecting);
- Symptoms of COVID-19;
- Definition of high-risk populations;
- How to isolate individuals suspected or tested positive for COVID-19;
- How to report possible cases; and
- Illinois Phase IV workplace-specific guidelines.
You can read the full checklist here.
COVID-19 Safety Awareness Online Training
This week, Lion launched the COVID-19 Employee Safety Awareness Online Course to help US workplaces re-open safely. As facilities nationwide begin to re-open, it is crucial that employees know how to protect themselves and their co-workers from exposure to COVID-19.
The course prepares employees to:
- Recognize signs, symptoms, and risk factors for COVID-19
- Describe how the COVID-19 disease is transmitted
- Follow recommended hygiene and work protocols to prevent exposure
- Properly use and care for PPE and face coverings, when required
Lion's information is very thorough and accurate. Presenter was very good.
The instructor made the class enjoyable. He presented in a very knowledgeable, personable manner. Best class I've ever attended. Will take one again.
Environmental Compliance Manager
You blew the doors off the competition!
I tried other environmental training providers, but they were all sub-standard compared to Lion. I will not stray from Lion again!
Lion is my preferred trainer for hazmat and DOT.
Given the choice, I would do all coursework this way. In-person courses go very fast without the opportunity to pause or repeat anything.
Chemical Laboratory Manager
I think LION does an excellent job of any training they do. Materials provided are very useful to my day-to-day work activities.
Very well structured, comprehensive, and comparable to live training seminars I've participated in previously. I will recommend the online course to other colleagues with training requirement needs.
The instructor was energetic and made learning fun compared to dry instructors from other training providers.
International Trade Compliance Manager
I have attended other training providers, but Lion is best. Lion is king of the hazmat jungle!!!
Hazardous Waste Technician
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Some limited quantity reliefs are reserved for specific modes of transport. Use this guide to identify which reliefs you can capitalize on, and which do not apply to your operations.