COVID-19 Training Standards for Connecticut Employers
To learn more, view our list of states with COVID-19 programs in place.
On the heels of re-opening guidelines for employers issued by Connecticut's governor, the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development provide specifics about COVID-19 training employers are required to provide for workers. What’s unique about Connecticut’s COVID-19 training policy is the required hands-on training component employees must complete before returning to work.
The COVID-19 training is expected to vary by industry, depending on the level of direct contagion exposure an employee may face on a regular basis. Lesser-exposed businesses can do less involved training but will still need to understand the requirements for their business type and will need to update training as new coronavirus safety guidelines emerge and/or when workers change job duties.
What's Required for COVID-19 Training in Connecticut?As noted above, the depth of training may vary between industries. However, all employees must be trained on basic coronavirus prevention measures, such as:
- Employee hygiene, such as thorough hand washing, and alcohol-based hand sanitizers;
- Policies on workers who feel sick: What symptoms to ask employees to monitor? What is the policy on time off and leave?
- Respiratory etiquette, including how to cover coughs and sneezes;
- Policies on flexible worksites and flexible work hours
- Physical distancing policies for employees and customers;
- Restrictions on using frequently-touched devices (i.e.: phones, computers, switch boards, etc.)
- Procedures on maintaining regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment; and
- How to use, maintain, and store PPE.
COVID-19 Safety Awareness Online TrainingThis week, Lion launched the COVID-19 Employee Safety Awareness Online Course to help US workplaces re-open safely. As facilities nationwide begin to re-open, it is crucial that employees know how to protect themselves and their co-workers from exposure to COVID-19.
The course prepares employees to:
- Recognize signs, symptoms, and risk factors for COVID-19
- Describe how the COVID-19 disease is transmitted
- Follow recommended hygiene and work protocols to prevent exposure
- Properly use and care for PPE and face coverings, when required
Find a Post
I think LION does an excellent job of any training they do. Materials provided are very useful to my day-to-day work activities.
Excellent job. Made what is very dry material interesting. Thoroughly explained all topics in easy-to-understand terms.
The course is well thought out and organized in a way that leads to a clearer understanding of the total training.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
The workshop covered a lot of information without being too overwhelming. Lion is much better, more comprehensive than other training providers.
Lion Technology workshops are amazing!! You always learn so much, and the instructors are fantastic.
The instructor was very engaging and helped less experienced people understand the concepts.
Well designed and thorough program. Excellent summary of requirements with references. Inclusion of regulations in hard copy form, as well as full electronic with state pertinent regulations included is a great bonus!
The instructor kept the class engaged and made learning fun. There was a lot of information to cover but time flew by. I will definitely use Lion in the future!
Hazmat Shipping Professional
This course went above my expectations from the moment I walked in the door. The instructor led us through two days packed with useful compliance information.
Lion's training was by far the best online RCRA training I've ever taken. It was challenging and the layout was great!
Hazardous Waste Professional
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Use this guide to spot which tanks and substances are regulated under EPA's Underground Storage Tank program, and which are excluded as of October 2018.