New at Lion.com: 24 Hour HAZWOPER for Hazmat Technicians
The training covers mandatory emergency response topics, including hazard recognition, PPE selection and use, decontamination practices, emergency response procedures, and other technician-level competencies outlined in 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(iii).
The 24-Hour course is the latest addition to Lion’s extensive HAZWOPER training catalog, which now offers initial and refresher training for emergency responders and contaminated site cleanup workers.
Learn more about the 24-Hour HAZWOPER course or enroll now at Lion.com/24.
Lion’s online HAZWOPER training empowers employers to:
- Provide effective training for every covered employee. Employers can find courses for four levels of emergency responders: Awareness-level, operations, technician, and incident commander. Training for contaminated site cleanup workers is also available.
- Limit injuries and time away from work. Effective HAZWOPER training is critical to ensure employees are prepared to respond to dangerous situations and prevent chemical exposures.
- Stagger training to fit the facility’s needs. With online courses, employees can train in shifts to keep day-to-day operations on target and access training anytime from any internet connection.
- Track and organize employee training. Enroll a group and get access to Supervisor tools to track employee progress, print training certificates, and check re-training deadlines all in one place.
- Get answers to regulatory compliance questions. Employees who complete the new course receive Lion Membership, including access to the Finder Q&A service for a full year.
Who Needs 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training?Sometimes called “housemaid techs” or “industry techs,” hazardous materials technicians are individuals who take aggressive response actions to stop a hazardous substance release or potential release.
The new 24-Hour HAZWOPER course will help satisfy OSHA’s initial training mandate for hazardous materials technicians, found in 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(iii).
Lion also offers annual refresher training required by OSHA for technicians and other levels of emergency responders.
HAZWOPER Training Guides for Employers
Effective training and preparation are key elements of every successful emergency response effort. To help employers select the appropriate course for every employee, Lion created a HAZWOPER graphic guide that outlines OSHA’s training requirements for all levels of emergency responders.
Find the right HAZWOPER training for you and your team at Lion.com/HAZWOPER.
Find a Post
The price was reasonable, the time to complete the course was manageable, and the flexibility the online training allowed made it easy to complete.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
The instructor was very knowledgeable and provided pertinent information above and beyond the questions that were asked.
I really enjoy your workshops. Thank you for such a great program and all the help Lion has provided me over the years!
Hazardous Material Pharmacy Technician
You blew the doors off the competition!
Attending Lion Technology classes should be mandatory for every facility that ships or stores hazmat.
The instructor does a great job at presenting material in an approachable way. I have been able to save my company about $30,000 in the last year with what I have learned from Lion!
The course is well thought out and organized in a way that leads to a clearer understanding of the total training.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
Lion was very responsive to my initial questions and the website was user friendly.
Supply Chain Director
Given the choice, I would do all coursework this way. In-person courses go very fast without the opportunity to pause or repeat anything.
Chemical Laboratory Manager
I tried other environmental training providers, but they were all sub-standard compared to Lion. I will not stray from Lion again!
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
The definitive 10-step guide for new hazardous materials shipping managers. Quickly reference the major considerations and details that impact hazmat shipping compliance.