New at Lion.com: 24 Hour HAZWOPER for Hazmat Technicians
The training covers mandatory emergency response topics, including hazard recognition, PPE selection and use, decontamination practices, emergency response procedures, and other technician-level competencies outlined in 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(iii).
The 24-Hour course is the latest addition to Lion’s extensive HAZWOPER training catalog, which now offers initial and refresher training for emergency responders and contaminated site cleanup workers.
Learn more about the 24-Hour HAZWOPER course or enroll now at Lion.com/24.
Lion’s online HAZWOPER training empowers employers to:
- Provide effective training for every covered employee. Employers can find courses for four levels of emergency responders: Awareness-level, operations, technician, and incident commander. Training for contaminated site cleanup workers is also available.
- Limit injuries and time away from work. Effective HAZWOPER training is critical to ensure employees are prepared to respond to dangerous situations and prevent chemical exposures.
- Stagger training to fit the facility’s needs. With online courses, employees can train in shifts to keep day-to-day operations on target and access training anytime from any internet connection.
- Track and organize employee training. Enroll a group and get access to Supervisor tools to track employee progress, print training certificates, and check re-training deadlines all in one place.
- Get answers to regulatory compliance questions. Employees who complete the new course receive Lion Membership, including access to the Finder Q&A service for a full year.
Who Needs 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training?Sometimes called “housemaid techs” or “industry techs,” hazardous materials technicians are individuals who take aggressive response actions to stop a hazardous substance release or potential release.
The new 24-Hour HAZWOPER course will help satisfy OSHA’s initial training mandate for hazardous materials technicians, found in 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(iii).
Lion also offers annual refresher training required by OSHA for technicians and other levels of emergency responders.
HAZWOPER Training Guides for Employers
Effective training and preparation are key elements of every successful emergency response effort. To help employers select the appropriate course for every employee, Lion created a HAZWOPER graphic guide that outlines OSHA’s training requirements for all levels of emergency responders.
Find the right HAZWOPER training for you and your team at Lion.com/HAZWOPER.
Lion courses always set the bar for content, reference, and practical application. Membership and access to the experts is an added bonus.
John Brown, CSP
Director of Safety & Env Affairs
The instructor made the class very enjoyable and catered to the needs of our group.
The instructor was very knowledgeable and provided pertinent information above and beyond the questions that were asked.
I have attended other training providers, but Lion is best. Lion is king of the hazmat jungle!!!
Hazardous Waste Technician
I really enjoy your workshops. Thank you for such a great program and all the help Lion has provided me over the years!
Hazardous Material Pharmacy Technician
I love that the instructor emphasized the thought process behind the regs.
Corporate Product Stewardship Specialist
Convenient; I can train when I want, where I want.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
Lion's information is very thorough and accurate. Presenter was very good.
My experience with Lion classes has always been good. Lion Technology always covers the EPA requirements I must follow.
I was able to present my scenario to the instructor and worked thru the regulations together. In the past, I attended another training firm's classes. Now, I have no intention of leaving Lion!
Senior Environmental Engineer
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Use this guide to spot which tanks and substances are regulated under EPA's Underground Storage Tank program, and which are excluded as of October 2018.