To help shippers protect personnel and maintain full compliance with the new DOT, IATA, and IMDG shipping regulations for 2017, Lion will present nationally trusted DG shipper training in Nashville, Charlotte, Houston, and more in February and March.
US DOT requires all hazmat employees to complete training within 90 days of hire, and repeat hazmat training once every 3 years. See the schedule for complete DOT (ground), IATA (air), and IMDG (ocean) hazmat shipper training here.
Failure to provide hazmat training for employee is now punishable by a $463 fine per employee, per day.
Led by an expert, full-time Lion instructor, the two-day 49 CFR (DOT ground) hazmat shipper workshop, DOT Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification comes to the Midwest on the following dates:
IATA DGR Air Shipper Training
Build on your 49 CFR expertise and learn the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (2017) to ensure the safe transport of DG by air!
IMDG Code Training for Ocean Shippers
Learn the latest unique IMDG Code rules for hazmat ocean shipments—including container stowage and segregation requirements, rules for marine pollutants, and more. A one-day workshop on the unique IMDG Code rules for dangerous goods ocean shippers comes to Charlotte on February 24, and Houston on March 10.
Why Shippers Choose Lion for Hazmat Training
Every year, thousands of DG shippers—from new hires to seasoned hazmat professionals—choose Lion Technology for engaging, effective hazmat training for many reasons:
- Expert instructors who teach the real-world meaning of the hazmat rules
- Course content and resources that are always up to date
- Collaboration, discussion, and exercises that drive home critical concepts
- Students earn CEU’s and maintain professional certifications (IHMM, ABIH, NEHA, REHS, and more)
- Full year of Membership for ongoing compliance support and updates, including the Finder Q&A service
- Training Certificate recognized by DOT inspectors nationwide
Can’t Make the Workshops? Train Online 24/7
Find online options you can take anytime, anywhere at Lion.com.