Key Learning Objectives
- Safely and properly perform required or voluntary cleanup job duties in compliance with OSHA's HAZWOPER Standard
- Evaluate, identify, and communicate the hazards present on site
- Select, use, and care for personal protective equipment (PPE), including respirators, needed for the job
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||OSHA (29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes this 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher training?
This 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher training is intended for personnel who work at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites, e.g., Superfund sites, including managers, supervisors, and any employees who may be exposed to hazardous substances and health hazards during cleanup activities—including those with non-cleanup duties, like utility workers.
Common job responsibilities include assessing the site, operating equipment on site, excavating drums and other containers, monitoring hazardous substances, taking environmental samples, handling drums of hazardous waste, supervising personnel, and more.
Additional HAZWOPER training required
General site workers must complete 8 hours of refresher HAZWOPER training and complete a minimum of three days of actual field experience under direct supervision of a trained, experienced supervisor.
This course is designed to meet the 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher training requirement only and does not include hands-on training on equipment that employees may need to begin work at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.