Key Learning Objectives
- Develop general awareness of DOT hazmat regulations and how they apply to the employee's job
- Follow function-specific hazmat requirements to properly complete and manage hazmat shipping documentation
- Satisfy US DOT hazmat employee training requirements
Online Course Details
||Desktop or tablet
||3 to 4 hours
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704(c))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes Hazmat Clerical Assistant training?
This course is built for hazmat employees responsible for preparing shipping papers and keeping records of hazardous materials shipments.
Training for Hazmat Managers:
Employees with management responsibilities, i.e. those who classify materials, select Proper Shipping Names (PSN), determine authorized packaging, supervise hazmat employees, or sign shipping papers, should complete comprehensive hazmat training—see the Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification (DOT) Course