This course provides required DOT hazmat employee training for drivers of motor vehicles that carry hazardous materials in bulk and non-bulk packagings. The course provides hazmat general awareness, security awareness, and function-specific hazmat driver training.
US DOT requires training for all hazmat employees, including drivers, once every three years. (49 CFR 172.704)
Hazmat drivers must know their responsibilities for safe transportation to prevent releases and security incidents on the road.
This hazmat training course may be of value to drivers who are preparing to obtain a hazardous materials endorsement for their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). However, this course is not
intended to prepare students for the CDL exam.
DOT Hazmat Driver Training Covers How To:
- Accept hazardous materials for ground transportation
- Describe general hazmat packaging requirements
- Recognize and understand UN hazmat package markings
- Verify that packaging is adequate for the hazardous material
- Confirm proper labeling and marking of hazmat packages
- Select and display hazmat placards when required
- Safely load, unload, and secure hazardous materials in a motor vehicle
- Properly segregate and separate hazardous materials in a motor vehicle
- Drive and park motor vehicles transporting hazmat in compliance with PHMSA and FMCSA requirements
- Engaging, interactive 49 CFR hazmat employee training.
- Relevant excerpts of the 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR).
- Trusted compliance resources and references to simplify hazmat compliance.
- Six months of Lion Membership for complete compliance support.
- Certificate to demonstrate competence in 49 CFR hazmat regulations.
at in compliance with PHMSA and FMCSA regulations