Key Learning Objectives:
- Helps meet DOT and IMO/IMDG Code function-specific hazmat training mandates
- Safely perform a full range of hazmat job functions for shipments offered for transport by vessel
- Describe the importance of proper stowage, and segregation of hazardous materials aboard a cargo vessel
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT and IMO/IMDG
(49 CFR 172.704 and IMDG 1.3.1)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes this IMDG Training for hazmat employees?
This IMDG training course is designed for operations-level employees who package, mark, label, and document vessel shipments. Additional training is required to meet the US DOT’s function-specific, general awareness, and security awareness training requirements for US employees. See Shipping Hazmat by Ground-Ops
Training for Hazardous Materials Managers:
Employees with management responsibilities, i.e. those who classify materials, determine authorized packaging, supervise employees, or sign shipping papers, should complete more comprehensive IMDG hazmat training.
See the Hazmat Vessel Shipper Certification (IMDG) Course