This course prepares employees to handle, manage, and ship hazardous waste in compliance with California DTSC's Title 22 regulations and US DOT's 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR). This training is designed for operations-level personnel like waste handlers, operators, maintenance workers, production personnel, lab employees, and others.
US EPA and Cal DTSC require annual training
for hazardous waste personnel.
For comprehensive training to oversee hazardous waste compliance, choose the California Hazardous Waste Management or California Hazardous Waste Refresher course.
This course will satisfy initial or refresher training mandates for hazardous waste personnel in California and covers DOT hazardous materials general awareness, security awareness, and function-specific training for personnel involved in preparing waste shipments.
- Engaging, interactive hazardous waste and hazmat employee training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to demonstrate competence with Title 22 and 49 CFR requirements
- Six months of Lion Membership for compliance support
Storing & Shipping Hazardous Waste in California—Ops Covers:
- Intro to hazardous waste regulations—Who and what is regulated?
- Defining solid and hazardous waste under Title 22
- Basics of California waste codes
- Requirements for hazardous waste satellite areas
- Marking and managing containers in 90- and 180- day storage areas
- Storing and managing universal waste and used oil
- Emergency preparedness and reporting requirements
- Dealing with emergencies and releases
- Hazmat General Awareness and Security Awareness
- Selecting, filling, and closing hazmat packages and containers
- Marking, labeling, and placarding hazmat shipments
- Loading hazmat and checklist for hazmat shippers
- Preparing hazmat shipping papers and the Hazardous Waste Manifest
Key Learning Objectives:
- Properly and safely accumulate and handle hazardous waste and universal waste on site under California’s 90-day or 180-day rules
- Prepare and offer hazardous waste containers of ground transport in compliance with 49 CFR hazmat regulations
- Label and manage hazardous waste containers in satellite or central storage areas
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||Cal DTSC/US EPA and US DOT (22 CCR 66265.16 and 49 CFR 172.704(c))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online Title 22 hazardous waste training?
Online hazardous waste training is convenient, cost-effective way to satisfy Federal and/or California State hazardous waste training mandates for large, small, or very small quantity generator personnel.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week.
Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time