This online course provides HAZWOPER refresher training required for operations-level first responders who take defensive actions
to contain a hazardous substance release. Typical “defensive” response actions include shutting down equipment or ventilation remotely, covering drains, and placing absorbent to prevent a release from spreading.
Also called “Level II” first responders, operations-level first responders or FRO’s must complete annual HAZWOPER refresher training and demonstrate competency in the areas listed below and covered by this course.
- Engaging, interactive HAZWOPER awareness training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to document HAZWOPER awareness training
- Six months of Lion Membership for exclusive compliance updates and insights
Level II HAZWOPER Emergency Responder Training Covers:
- Developing competency with basic hazardous materials vocabulary
- Learning basic hazard and risk assessment techniques
- Properly selecting, fitting, and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Performing basic control, containment, or confinement operations within their capabilities
- Implementing basic decontamination procedures