This course provides DOT hazmat training required for hazmat employees who fill, close, mark, and/or label hazardous materials packages for transport by ground.
Employees who complete this course receive hazmat general awareness, hazmat security awareness, and function-specific training.
Failing to properly prepare, close, or mark and label a hazmat package can result in spills, releases in transit, and serious injury. US DOT requires training for all employees involved with packaging who can affect the safe transport of hazardous materials.
- Engaging, interactive 49 CFR hazmat employee training.
- Relevant excerpts of the 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR).
- Trusted compliance resources and references to simplify hazmat compliance.
- 6 months of Lion Membership for complete compliance support.
- Certificate to demonstrate competence in 49 CFR hazmat regulations.
Hazmat Packager Online Training Covers:
- What is a DOT hazardous material?
- Lion's 10 Steps for Hazmat Transportation
- Recognizing and responding to security threats
- General packaging requirements
- Filling and closing packages
- Marking and labeling packages
Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop practical knowledge of US DOT hazmat regulations and how they apply to the employee's job
- Properly follow function-specific hazmat shipping requirements to fill and close packages and affix hazmat marks and labels
- Satisfy US DOT hazmat employee training requirements
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704(c))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online DOT hazmat training?
Online hazmat training is convenient, cost-effective way to satisfy US DOT hazmat employee training mandates for bulk or non-bulk hazmat shippers. Produced and kept up-to-date by Lion's team of experienced hazmat trainers and regulatory experts, the DOT Hazmat Packager Online Course is comprehensive, reliable, and designed to simplify hazardous materials compliance for employees at any experience level.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week. Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
Track your progress with the detailed course status display
Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
Access your complete Lion training history at any time