Key Learning Objectives:
- Helps meet DOT and IMO/IMDG Code function-specific hazmat training mandates
- Safely perform a full range of hazmat job functions for shipments offered for transport by vessel
- Describe the importance of proper stowage, and segregation of hazardous materials aboard a cargo vessel
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT and IMO/IMDG
(49 CFR 172.704 and IMDG 1.3.1)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online IMDG Code hazmat training?
Online hazmat training is convenient, cost-effective way to satisfy US DOT and IMO/IMDG hazmat employee training mandates for bulk or non-bulk hazmat shippers. This IMDG training course is produced and kept up-to-date by Lion's team of experienced hazmat trainers, research staff, and regulatory experts,
The Shipping Hazmat by Vessel - Ops Online Course
is easy-to-use, reliable, and designed to simplify IMDG Code compliance for new or experienced employees.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week.
Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time
Who takes this IMDG Training for hazmat employees?
This IMDG training course is designed for operations-level employees who package, mark, label, and document vessel shipments. Additional training is required to meet the US DOT’s function-specific, general awareness, and security awareness training requirements for US employees.
See Shipping Hazmat by Ground-Ops
Training for Hazardous Materials Managers:
Employees with management responsibilities, i.e. those who classify materials, determine authorized packaging, supervise employees, or sign shipping papers, should complete more comprehensive IMDG hazmat training.
See the Hazmat Vessel Shipper Certification (IMDG) Course.