This course develops employees' general awareness of the risks, regulatory requirements, and protections for workers exposed to substances and materials that contain silica under OSHA requirements for the construction industry (29 CFR 1926.1153).
Key Learning Objectives:
- Define crystalline silica and identify work sites where workers may be exposed
- Describe the hazards posed by silica dust and silica dust exposure
- Describe common routes of exposure to silica dust and subsequent health effects
- Explain how workers and employers can prevent silica exposure through engineering controls, work practices, and personal protective equipment
Online Course Details
|Training required by
||OSHA (29 CFR 1926.1153(i)(2))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online safety training?
Online safety training is a convenient, cost-effective way to inform and protect employees and meet Federal, state, and industry training mandates. Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week. Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time