This course develops employees' general awareness of the risks, regulatory requirements, and worker protections that apply to workers exposed to substances and materials that contain silica under OSHA requirements.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Define crystalline silica and identify work sites where workers may be exposed
- Describe the hazards posed by silica dust and silica dust exposure
- Describe common routes of exposure to silica dust and subsequent health effects
- Explain how workers and employers can prevent silica exposure through engineering controls, work practices, and personal protective equipment
Online Course Details
|Training required by
||OSHA (29 CFR 1926.1153(i)(2))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online safety training?
Online OSHA safety training is convenient, cost-effective way to prepare workers to recognize and mitigate the hazards in your workplace. Produced and kept up-to-date by Lion's team of experienced safety trainers and regulatory experts, the Lead Safety Online Course is easy-to-use, reliable, and designed to simplify safety regulations.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week. Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time