LDR Paperwork for RCRA “Prohibited Wastes”
- Hazardous wastes as defined at 40 CFR 261.3;
- Hazardous secondary materials excluded from the definition of solid waste at 40 CFR 261.4(a);
- Hazardous secondary materials that are solid wastes but are excluded from the definition of, or from regulation as, hazardous waste at 40 CFR 261.4(b)-(f);
- Hazardous wastes that are recycled according to 40 CFR 261.6; and
- Hazardous wastes that leave RCRA jurisdiction subsequent to generation (e.g., wastes that are reclaimed or introduced into a Clean Water Act permitted wastewater treatment unit).
- Unlisted sludges and by-products that exhibit a characteristic of hazardous waste that are reclaimed;
- Commercial chemical products listed at 40 CFR 261.33 or that exhibit a characteristic that are reclaimed;
- Spent sulfuric acid reclaimed and meeting the conditions of 40 CFR 261.4(a)(7); and
- Used oil filters that are hot drained and meet the conditions of 40 CFR 261.4(b)(13).
- Spent solvents that are reclaimed (e.g., spent acetone that is distilled) to recover a usable component (40 CFR 261.3(c)(2)(i));
- Recyclable materials from which precious metals are reclaimed (40 CFR 261.6(a)(2)(iii)); and
- Wastes that are de-characterized in a Clean Water Act permitted wastewater treatment unit and discharged through sewer systems to a publically owned treatment works (POTW) or as point source discharges (40 CFR 261.4(a)(1) and (2)).
Find a Post
I really enjoyed this training. Even after years on both sides of the comprehension coin, I find myself still learning! The quality of the delivery exceeded much of the training I have received in the past.
These are the best classes I attend each year. I always take something away and implement improvements at my sites.
The instructor made the class enjoyable. He presented in a very knowledgeable, personable manner. Best class I've ever attended. Will take one again.
Environmental Compliance Manager
The instructor took a rather drab set of topics and brought them to life with realistic real-life examples.
I love that the instructor emphasized the thought process behind the regs.
Corporate Product Stewardship Specialist
Very good. I have always appreciated the way Lion Tech develops, presents and provides training and materials.
The instructor was probably the best I ever had! He made the class enjoyable, was humorous at times, and very knowledgeable.
Mary Sue Michon
Well designed and thorough program. Excellent summary of requirements with references. Inclusion of regulations in hard copy form, as well as full electronic with state pertinent regulations included is a great bonus!
You blew the doors off the competition!
I was able to present my scenario to the instructor and worked thru the regulations together. In the past, I attended another training firm's classes. Now, I have no intention of leaving Lion!
Senior Environmental Engineer
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Use this guide to spot which tanks and substances are regulated under EPA's Underground Storage Tank program, and which are excluded as of October 2018.