Plan Ahead for 2014 Biennial RCRA Reports
- ≥1,000 kg of non-acute hazardous,
- ≥1 kg of acute hazardous waste, or
- ≥100 kg of spill cleanup material contaminated with acute hazardous waste.
- The total quantity generated in 2013;
- The total quantity shipped off site in 2013 (broken down for each TSDF if multiple facilities were used); and
- The total quantity treated, recycled, or disposed on site during 2013.
- Hazardous waste manifests;
- Waste profile sheets (hazardous waste determination records required at 40 CFR 262.40);
- Records of waste generation activity for each point of generation (while not specifically required under the generator rules, such records may be useful in preparing reports such as the biennial report); and
- Records tracking success in waste minimizations efforts.
- Consolidation of some of the waste management codes in order to ease reporting. For example, the codes H071 (chemical reduction), H073 (cyanide destruction), H075 (chemical oxidation), H076 (wet air oxidation), and H077 (other chemical precipitation) are now all covered by the new management method code H070 (chemical treatment).
- Revisions to the waste minimization codes to assist generators with reporting their waste minimization activities. The new waste minimization codes identify when waste minimization activities occurred (whether initiated prior to the reporting year or during the reporting year) and also provide examples of types of waste minimization activities.
- Reporting sites must now use the new 2012 NAICS codes established by the US Census Bureau. The 2012 NAICS is significantly different from the previous 2007 edition.
Tags: hazardous, RCRA, reporting and recordkeeping, state rules, waste
Find a Post
Best instructor ever! I was going to take my DOT training w/a different provider, but based on this presentation, I will also be doing my DOT training w/Lion!
Hazardous Waste Professional
Excellent class, super instructor, very easy to follow. No rushing through material. Would like to take his class again.
EH&S Facility Maintenance & Security Manager
Lion courses are the standard to which all other workshops should strive for!
Registered Environmental Health Specialist
Lion's course was superior to others I have taken in the past. Very clear in the presentation and the examples helped to explain the content presented.
Hazardous Waste Professional
I can't say enough how pleased I was with this course! Everything finally makes sense.
The instructor does a great job at presenting material in an approachable way. I have been able to save my company about $30,000 in the last year with what I have learned from Lion!
You blew the doors off the competition!
Lion is easily and consistently the best option for compliance training. I've learned new information from every instructor I've had.
The instructor's energy, enthusiasm, and knowledge of the subject make the class a great learning experience!
I had a positive experience utilizing this educational program. It was very informative, convenient, and rewarding from a career perspective.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Hazardous materials shipment rejections bear a big cost. Use this guide to end operational and logistical disruptions that severely impact your bottom line.