Don’t Forget Hazmat Registrations Are Due By June 30!
- Any highway route-controlled quantity of a Class 7 (radioactive) material, as defined in 49 CFR 173.403;
- More than 25 kg (55 lbs.) of a Division 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 (explosive) material in a motor vehicle, rail car, or freight container;
- More than 1 L (1.06 qt.) per package of a material extremely toxic by inhalation material (Division 2.3, Hazard Zone A or Division 6.1, PG I, Hazard Zone A);
- A hazardous material in a bulk packaging, container, or tank having a capacity equal to or greater than 13,248 L (3,500 gal.) or more than 13.24 cubic meters (468 cubic ft.); or
- A quantity of hazardous materials that requires placarding. [This is the most common triggering condition.]
- $275 for small businesses or not-for-profits, and
- $2,600 for all others.
Tags: DOT, hazmat shipping
Find a Post
Lion does a great job summarizing and communicating complicated EH&S-related regulations.
Sr. Environmental Engineer
I tried other environmental training providers, but they were all sub-standard compared to Lion. I will not stray from Lion again!
Amazing instructor; real-life examples. Lion training gets better every year!
My experience with Lion classes has always been good. Lion Technology always covers the EPA requirements I must follow.
If I need thorough training or updating, I always use Lion. Lion is always the best in both instruction and materials.
The price was reasonable, the time to complete the course was manageable, and the flexibility the online training allowed made it easy to complete.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
As always, Lion never disappoints
The instructor was probably the best I ever had! He made the class enjoyable, was humorous at times, and very knowledgeable.
Mary Sue Michon
Excellent course. Very interactive. Explanations are great whether you get the questions wrong or right.
Environmental, Health & Safety Regional Manager
The instructor was very very informative, helpful, understandable and pleasant. This course answered many questions I had, being new to this industry.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Use this guide as a quick reference to the most common HAZWOPER questions, and get course recommendations for managers and personnel who are in need of OSHA-required HAZWOPER training.