Don’t Get Burned: Shipping Elevated-temperature Materials
- Is in a liquid phase and at a temperature at or above 100°C (212°F);
- Is in a liquid phase with a flash point at or above 38°C (100°F) that is intentionally heated and offered for transportation or transported at or above its flash point; or
- Is in a solid phase at a temperature at or above 240°C (464°F)."
- Either display the word "HOT" in the center of an otherwise blank placard-sized marking; or
- Display the word "HOT" in the upper third of a white square-on-point device that also displays the identification number of the hazmat. [49 CFR 172.325]
Find a Post
This training broke down the regulations in an easy-to-understand manner and made them less overwhelming. I now feel I have the knowledge to make more informed decisions.
The instructor was very dedicated to providing a quality experience. She did her best to make sure students were really comprehending the information.
Inventory Control Specialist
Lion is easily and consistently the best option for compliance training. I've learned new information from every instructor I've had.
I like the consistency of Lion workshops. The materials are well put together and instructors are top notch!
Permitting, Compliance & Environmental Manager
I used the IT support number available and my issue was resolved within a few minutes. I don't see anything that could have made it better.
Convenient; I can train when I want, where I want.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
The online course was well thought out and organized, with good interaction between the student and the course.
Material Release Agent
I really enjoy your workshops. Thank you for such a great program and all the help Lion has provided me over the years!
Hazardous Material Pharmacy Technician
Attending Lion Technology classes should be mandatory for every facility that ships or stores hazmat.
My experience with Lion training, both online and in the classroom, is that they are far better organized and provide a better sequential explanation of the material.
Manager, Dangerous Goods Transportation
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Ace hazmat inspections. Protect personnel. Defend against civil and criminal penalties. How? See the self-audit "best practices" for hazardous materials shippers.