Don’t Get Burned: Shipping Elevated-temperature Materials
- Is in a liquid phase and at a temperature at or above 100°C (212°F);
- Is in a liquid phase with a flash point at or above 38°C (100°F) that is intentionally heated and offered for transportation or transported at or above its flash point; or
- Is in a solid phase at a temperature at or above 240°C (464°F)."
- Either display the word "HOT" in the center of an otherwise blank placard-sized marking; or
- Display the word "HOT" in the upper third of a white square-on-point device that also displays the identification number of the hazmat. [49 CFR 172.325]
Tags: DOT, hazmat shipping, marks and labels
Find a Post
Lion provided an excellent introduction to environmental regulations, making the transition to a new career as an EHS specialist less daunting of a task. Drinking from a fire hose when the flow of water is lessened, is much more enjoyable!
Excellent course. Very interactive. Explanations are great whether you get the questions wrong or right.
Environmental, Health & Safety Regional Manager
Having the tutorial buttons for additional information was extremely beneficial.
Best instructor ever! I was going to take my DOT training w/a different provider, but based on this presentation, I will also be doing my DOT training w/Lion!
Hazardous Waste Professional
I like Lion's workshops the best because they really dig into the information you need to have when you leave the workshop.
Tom Bush, Jr.
This was the 1st instructor that has made the topic actually enjoyable and easy to follow and understand. Far better than the "other" training providers our company has attended!
Process & Resource Administrator
Given the choice, I would do all coursework this way. In-person courses go very fast without the opportunity to pause or repeat anything.
Chemical Laboratory Manager
I have been to other training companies, but Lion’s material is much better and easier to understand.
These are the best commercial course references I have seen (10+ years). Great job!
EHS & Facility Engineer
More thorough than a class I attended last year through another company.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Hazardous materials shipment rejections bear a big cost. Use this guide to end operational and logistical disruptions that severely impact your bottom line.