The Advantages of the EPA’s Self-Audit Policy
Details about EPA's Self-Audit Policy.
- Implement a compliance management system or environmental auditing program to systematically discover noncompliance. (Even if you don’t have a systematic self-auditing system, you can still obtain some relief if you comply with the following conditions.)
- The noncompliant condition must have been discovered by means other than the monitoring, sampling, or inspection procedures required by law.
- The noncompliant condition must be disclosed to the US EPA promptly, generally within 21 days from the day of discovery.
- The noncompliant condition must be discovered, and disclosed, before the US EPA or other party with authority would have identified the violation through its own investigation.
- The condition must be corrected and/or remediated within 60 calendar days from the date of discovery; in limited cases this timeframe may be extended.
- The regulated entity must take steps to prevent a recurrence of the violation.
- Repeat violations are ineligible. No entity may obtain relief under the Audit Policy for actions that constitute a pattern of noncompliance.
- Certain types of violations are ineligible for relief under the Audit Policy. Generally, those that result in serious actual harm or present the potential for imminent danger are ineligible.
- Lastly, the regulated entity must cooperate with the authorities during the correction period.
The training was impressive. I am not a fan of online training but this was put together very well. I would recommend Lion to others.
I was recently offered an opportunity to take my training through another company, but I politely declined. I only attend Lion Technology workshops.
Material Production/Logistics Manager
If I need thorough training or updating, I always use Lion. Lion is always the best in both instruction and materials.
The instructor was excellent. They knew all of the material without having to read from a notepad or computer.
This was the 1st instructor that has made the topic actually enjoyable and easy to follow and understand. Far better than the "other" training providers our company has attended!
Process & Resource Administrator
Lion does a great job summarizing and communicating complicated EH&S-related regulations.
Sr. Environmental Engineer
This is the best RCRA training I've experienced! I will be visiting Lion training again.
Cynthia L. Logsdon
Principal Environmental Engineer
I tried other environmental training providers, but they were all sub-standard compared to Lion. I will not stray from Lion again!
The instructor does a great job at presenting material in an approachable way. I have been able to save my company about $30,000 in the last year with what I have learned from Lion!
No comparison. Lion has the best RCRA training ever!!
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Knowing why TSDFs reject loads of hazardous waste—and the exact steps to follow if it happens—can reduce your anxiety and uncertainty about rejection.