The Advantages of the EPA’s Self-Audit Policy
Details about EPA's Self-Audit Policy.
- Implement a compliance management system or environmental auditing program to systematically discover noncompliance. (Even if you don’t have a systematic self-auditing system, you can still obtain some relief if you comply with the following conditions.)
- The noncompliant condition must have been discovered by means other than the monitoring, sampling, or inspection procedures required by law.
- The noncompliant condition must be disclosed to the US EPA promptly, generally within 21 days from the day of discovery.
- The noncompliant condition must be discovered, and disclosed, before the US EPA or other party with authority would have identified the violation through its own investigation.
- The condition must be corrected and/or remediated within 60 calendar days from the date of discovery; in limited cases this timeframe may be extended.
- The regulated entity must take steps to prevent a recurrence of the violation.
- Repeat violations are ineligible. No entity may obtain relief under the Audit Policy for actions that constitute a pattern of noncompliance.
- Certain types of violations are ineligible for relief under the Audit Policy. Generally, those that result in serious actual harm or present the potential for imminent danger are ineligible.
- Lastly, the regulated entity must cooperate with the authorities during the correction period.
Find a Post
This training broke down the regulations in an easy-to-understand manner and made them less overwhelming. I now feel I have the knowledge to make more informed decisions.
I like Lion's workshops the best because they really dig into the information you need to have when you leave the workshop.
Tom Bush, Jr.
The instructor was very patient and engaging - willing to answer and help explain subject matter.
Material Control Superintendent
No comparison. Lion has the best RCRA training ever!!
The price was reasonable, the time to complete the course was manageable, and the flexibility the online training allowed made it easy to complete.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
The instructor made the class very enjoyable and catered to the needs of our group.
Lion provided an excellent introduction to environmental regulations, making the transition to a new career as an EHS specialist less daunting of a task. Drinking from a fire hose when the flow of water is lessened, is much more enjoyable!
I really enjoy your workshops. Thank you for such a great program and all the help Lion has provided me over the years!
Hazardous Material Pharmacy Technician
The online course was well thought out and organized, with good interaction between the student and the course.
Material Release Agent
I used the IT support number available and my issue was resolved within a few minutes. I don't see anything that could have made it better.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Use this guide as a quick reference to the most common HAZWOPER questions, and get course recommendations for managers and personnel who are in need of OSHA-required HAZWOPER training.