MAP-21 Hazmat Progress Report
- Raised the maximum civil penalty for basic violations of the hazardous material regulations from $50,000 per day per violation to $75,000,
- Authorized the Secretary of Transportation to sanction persons who ‘obstruct’ hazmat inspections, and
- Authorized the DOT to shut down businesses that fail to pay penalties assessed for violations of hazmat safety law and regulation.
- Review all long-standing special permits with established safety records and incorporate them into the HMR or extinguish them, and
- Establish standard operating procedures for the special permits/approvals program.
- DOT Action: In March this year, DOT incorporated many long-standing permits into the HMR. In August, DOT proposed standard operating procedures for the special permits program.
Find a Post
The instructor made the class enjoyable. He presented in a very knowledgeable, personable manner. Best class I've ever attended. Will take one again.
Environmental Compliance Manager
I tried other environmental training providers, but they were all sub-standard compared to Lion. I will not stray from Lion again!
I have been to other training companies, but Lion’s material is much better and easier to understand.
Very well structured, comprehensive, and comparable to live training seminars I've participated in previously. I will recommend the online course to other colleagues with training requirement needs.
Lion was very extensive. There was a lot of things that were covered that were actually pertaining to what I do and work with. Great Job. I will be coming back in three years!
Hazmat Shipping Professional
Lion is easily and consistently the best option for compliance training. I've learned new information from every instructor I've had.
The instructor created a great learning environment.
CAD & Environmental Manager
You blew the doors off the competition!
I used the IT support number available and my issue was resolved within a few minutes. I don't see anything that could have made it better.
The instructor made the class very enjoyable and catered to the needs of our group.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Use this guide to spot which tanks and substances are regulated under EPA's Underground Storage Tank program, and which are excluded as of October 2018.