4 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Refresher – First Responder Level II
Course Code: OSH 317
This online course annually required HAZWOPER refresher training for "operations-level" first responders (FRO) who take defensive actions to contain a hazardous substance release. Typical defensive response actions include shutting down equipment or ventilation remotely, covering drains, and placing absorbent to prevent a release from spreading.
Contact us today to enroll your group and ensure consistent, effective training for everyone at your facility.Browse Group Training Options
Contact us today to enroll your group and ensure consistent, effective training for everyone at your facility.Request Group Online Quote
Contact us today to enroll your group and ensure consistent, effective training for everyone at your facility.Request On-Site Workshop
Contact us today to enroll your group and ensure consistent, effective training for everyone at your facility.Request Private Group Webinar
COURSES FREQUENTLY PURCHASED TOGETHER FOR SAVINGS
Frequently Purchased Together
4 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Refresher – First Responder Level IIOSH 317
4 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER – Incident Commander Level VOSH 314
The 8 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Initial–First Responder Level II online course is designed to help satisfy OSHA's initial training requirements for first responders.
- Safely perform defensive response actions to prevent the spread of a hazardous substance release and prevent exposures
- Properly select, use, and care for personal protective equipment (PPE), including respirators, needed for the job
- Describe the Incident Command System (ICS) and the importance of an effective hazardous substance release response
- Basic hazardous materials vocabulary
- Basic hazard and risk assessment techniques
- Selecting, fitting, and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Performing basic control, containment, or confinement operations within their capabilities
- Implementing basic decontamination procedures
Membership gives you access to ongoing support services, regulatory updates, and exclusive resources.
The Finder Service. Submit questions and Lion will guide you to specific requirements and answers about the regulations covered in your training.
My Resources. Find the valuable compliance materials included with your training—regulations, exercise answers, regulatory FAQ, and more.
My Regulations. View and download updates to the US DOT, EPA, OSHA, and/or state hazardous waste regulations included with your training.
Member Bulletins. Stay informed of significant regulatory activity and news, including a monthly summary of rulemakings that may impact you.
New Rules & Updates. Make you aware of new regulations that are relevant to the training and materials you received from Lion.
State Tools. Access Lion's unique State Hazardous Waste Summaries to review unique hazardous waste requirements for all 50 states.
Train anytime, from any internet connection and pause or resume as needed to fit training into your work schedule. Online courses are organized into individual lessons, so you build expertise step-by-step and can make progress even when time is short.
Online Course Features
|Desktop, tablet, and mobile compatible|
|Ask the Instructor feature connects you to subject matter experts|
|Interactive exercises boost retention|
|Flexible access helps you fit training into your schedule|
|Online training support is available 7 days/week|
|Instant Certificate access when training is complete|
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because Lion courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available. Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
|Course code||OSH 317|
|Access time||90 days|
Training required by
OSHA (29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(ii) and (q)(8)(i))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
|Lion Membership||6 months|
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
This online course is intended for operations-level first responders (FRO) with previous HAZWOPER training experience.
These responders work to contain the release from a safe distance, keep it from spreading, and prevent exposures.
HAZWOPER Training GuideQuickly determine which Lion HAZWOPER training course fits employees' needs with this guide.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
In-flight hazmat incidents can be disastrous. This guide gives 5 tips for first-time air shippers to consider before offering dangerous goods for transportation on passenger or cargo aircraft.