8 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Refresher – Contaminated Site Cleanup Training
Course Code: OSH 305
This online training provides 8 hours of HAZWOPER refresher training required for general site workers (e.g., equipment operators, laborers, and supervisors) who work at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites. Also available in Spanish.
Contact us today to enroll your group and ensure consistent, effective training for everyone at your facility.Browse Group Training Options
Contact us today to enroll your group and ensure consistent, effective training for everyone at your facility.Request Group Online Quote
Contact us today to enroll your group and ensure consistent, effective training for everyone at your facility.Request On-Site Workshop
COURSES FREQUENTLY PURCHASED TOGETHER FOR SAVINGS
Frequently Purchased Together
8 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Refresher – Contaminated Site Cleanup OSH 305
Recurrent Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification (DOT)HMT 340
RCRA Hazardous Waste Management RefresherRCRA 310
OSHA requires site workers to complete 40 hours of initial HAZWOPER training, as well as a minimum of three days of actual field experience under direct supervision of a trained, experienced supervisor.
Details: 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Initial–Contaminated Site Cleanup
Key Learning Objectives
- Safely and properly perform required or voluntary cleanup job duties in compliance with OSHA's HAZWOPER Standard
- Evaluate, identify, and communicate the hazards present on site
- Select, use, and care for personal protective equipment (PPE), including respirators, needed for the job
- Scope of the HAZWOPER standard and who is covered
- Site organizational structure
- Site work plans, safety and health plans, and site characterization and analysis
- Risk evaluation and communication prior to initial site entry
- Hazard identification and health effects
- Hazard control
- Methods for employee and site monitoring
- Requirements for medical surveillance programs
- PPE selection—respirators and chemical protective clothing
- Requirements for confined space entry and drum handling
- Procedures for the decontamination of equipment and PPE
- Lighting and sanitation requirements for temporary workplaces
- New technology programs
- HAZWOPER training requirements
Membership gives you access to ongoing support services, regulatory updates, and exclusive resources.
The Finder Service. Submit questions and Lion will guide you to specific requirements and answers about the regulations covered in your training.
My Resources. Find the valuable compliance materials included with your training—regulations, exercise answers, regulatory FAQ, and more.
My Regulations. View and download updates to the US DOT, EPA, OSHA, and/or state hazardous waste regulations included with your training.
Member Bulletins. Stay informed of significant regulatory activity and news, including a monthly summary of rulemakings that may impact you.
New Rules & Updates. Make you aware of new regulations that are relevant to the training and materials you received from Lion.
State Tools. Access Lion's unique State Hazardous Waste Summaries to review unique hazardous waste requirements for all 50 states.
Train anytime, from any internet connection and pause or resume as needed to fit training into your work schedule. Online courses are organized into individual lessons, so you build expertise step-by-step and can make progress even when time is short.
Online Course Features
|Desktop, tablet, and mobile compatible|
|Ask the Instructor feature connects you to subject matter experts|
|Interactive exercises boost retention|
|Flexible access helps you fit training into your schedule|
|Online training support is available 7 days/week|
|Instant Certificate access when training is complete|
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because Lion courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available. Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
|Course code||OSH 305|
|Access time||90 days|
Training required by
OSHA (29 CFR 1910.120(e)(8))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
|Lion Membership||6 months|
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Who takes this HAZWOPER training?
This HAZWOPER refresher training is intended for site workers at contaminated cleanup sites who perform waste removal or other activities that may expose them to hazardous substances and/or health and safety hazards.
HAZWOPER Training Guide
Click the graphic below to quickly determine which Lion HAZWOPER training course is right for you.
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Look beyond the annual "Top 10 List" to see specifics about the most cited OSHA health & safety Standards and the individual regulations that tripped up employers the most last year.