Key Learning Objectives
- Develop general awareness of US DOT hazmat regulations and how they apply to the employee's job.
- Follow function-specific hazmat requirements to properly load, unload, or trans-load motor vehicles and offer hazmat placards.
- Satisfy US DOT hazmat employee training requirements
- What is a DOT hazardous material?
- Lion's 10 Steps for Hazmat Transportation
- Recognizing and responding to security threats
- Placarding requirements
- Loading, unloading, segregation rules
- Offering hazardous materials checklist
- Working with carriers