Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop basic understanding of the hazmat-by-rail supply chain
- Properly prepare and offer hazmat by tank car, freight container, bulk or non-bulk package for transportation by rail in compliance with 49 CFR.
- Detail the unique restrictions for Class/Division 2, 2.1, 3, and 6.1 materials.
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes this Hazmat Rail Shipper online course?
This hazmat rail shipper course is designed for hazmat employees with a working knowledge of the US DOT’s 49 CFR hazmat regulations who need to know the additional rules that apply to hazmat shipments offered for rail transportation.
Hazmat Training Prerequisite:
Lion recommends that employees complete training in the basic US DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR). This Rail Shipper course covers only the unique, additional requirements that impact the rail mode.
We recommend completing HMT P30 or HMT 300, Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification (DOT), prior to this training.