This course provides required employee hazmat training on the 49 CFR, IATA DGR, and IMDG Code hazardous materials requirements for shipping airbag inflators, airbag modules, and seatbelt pretensioners. Employees who complete this course develop skills to offer auto safety devices for transport by ground, air, or vessel.
When shipped in the US, automotive safety devices like airbag inflators, airbag modules, and seatbelt pretensioners are subject to regulation as hazardous materials. For auto manufacturers, dealers, service centers, and retail businesses, shipping these hazmat auto parts without proper packaging, labels, documentation, or training can result in DOT fines as high as $79,976 per day, per violation.
- Engaging, interactive 49 CFR hazmat employee training.
- Relevant excerpts of the 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR).
- Trusted compliance resources and references to simplify hazmat compliance.
- Six months of Lion Membership for complete compliance support.
- Certificate to demonstrate competence in 49 CFR hazmat regulations.
Shipping Auto Airbags and Other Safety Devices Training Covers:
- Hazmat general awareness and security awareness training
- Identifying regulated personnel and who needs hazmat training
- Recognizing and classifying hazmat airbags and safety devices for transport
- Packaging requirements for hazmat airbags and safety devices
- Marks and labels for ground (49 CFR) or air (IATA) shipments
- Placarding requirements for ground shipments
- Completing shipping papers for ground and air shipments
- Loading and moving hazmat
Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop awareness of hazardous materials regulations for specific automotive safety devices and how they apply to the employee's job
- Properly package, mark, label, and handle airbag inflators, airbag modules, and seatbelt pretensioners for ground or air transportation.
- Satisfy US DOT hazmat employee training mandates
Online Course Details
||Desktop, table, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704(c))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes shipping auto airbags and other safety devices training?
This online hazmat course is built for managers and employees who classify, name, package, mark, label, load, unload, or document bulk or non-bulk shipments containing airbag inflators, airbag modules, and other devices.