This course covers how to package, mark, label, and document lithium battery shipments for transportation by ground, air, or vessel.
Professionals who complete this course will satisfy 49 CFR, IATA DGR, and IMDG Code function-specific training requirements for hazmat employees who prepare shipments of lithium-ion or lithium-metal batteries.
Compliance with lithium battery regulations can feel like trying to hit a moving target. The requirements are complex and just when you get a handle on your responsibilities—they change again.
Lion presents this webinar throughout the year to keep hazmat professionals apprised of new and revised regulations that impact lithium-ion or lithium-metal batteries shipped by themselves, in-equipment, or with-equipment—by ground, air, or vessel.
- Engaging, interactive Shipping Lithium Batteries Training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to document your lithium battery hazmat training
- Updates to your reference materials throughout the year
- 365 days of Lion Membership for complete compliance support
- Free Lithium Battery Safety training online course to meet OSHA and DOT safety training mandates
Shipping Lithium Battery (Function-Specific) Training Covers:
- Updated 49 CFR, IATA, and IMDG lithium battery regulations
- Revised requirements for excepted batteries
- Classifying, naming, and packaging lithium batteries
- Marking, labeling, and placarding shipments
- Primary vs. secondary batteries
- Shipping batteries "in equipment" and "with equipment"
- Completing shipping papers and the Shipper’s Declaration
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT, ICAO/IATA, and IMO/IMDG
(49 CFR 172.704, IATA DGR 1.5, IMDG 1.3.1)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes Shipping Lithium Batteries (Function-Specific) training?
This course is built for any person who performs or directs hazardous materials pre-transportation functions for lithium battery ground, air, or vessel shipments: Packaging, marking, labeling, preparing shipping papers, or loading/unloading packages containing lithium batteries.
Need full hazmat/DG training to ship Lithium Batteries?
The Shipping Lithium Batteries Online Course provides general awareness, security awareness, and function-specific training to help you satisfy DOT hazmat employee training mandate at 49 CFR 172.704 or 173.185(c)(4)(v).