This course covers how to package, mark, label, and document lithium battery shipments for transportation by ground, air, or vessel.
Professionals who complete this course will satisfy 49 CFR, IATA DGR, and IMDG Code function-specific training requirements for hazmat employees who prepare shipments of lithium-ion or lithium-metal batteries.
Compliance with lithium battery regulations can feel like trying to hit a moving target. The requirements are complex and just when you get a handle on your responsibilities—they change again.
Lion presents this webinar throughout the year to keep hazmat professionals apprised of new and revised regulations that impact lithium-ion or lithium-metal batteries shipped by themselves, in-equipment, or with-equipment—by ground, air, or vessel.
- Engaging, interactive Shipping Lithium Batteries Training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to document your lithium battery hazmat training
- Updates to your reference materials throughout the year
- 365 days of Lion Membership for complete compliance support
- Free Lithium Battery Safety training online course to meet OSHA and DOT safety training mandates
Shipping Lithium Battery (Function-Specific) Training Covers:
- Updated 49 CFR, IATA, and IMDG lithium battery regulations
- Revised requirements for excepted batteries
- Classifying, naming, and packaging lithium batteries
- Marking, labeling, and placarding shipments
- Primary vs. secondary batteries
- Shipping batteries "in equipment" and "with equipment"
- Completing shipping papers and the Shipper’s Declaration
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT, ICAO/IATA, and IMO/IMDG
(49 CFR 172.704, IATA DGR 1.5, IMDG 1.3.1)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online lithium batteries training?
Online hazmat training is convenient, cost-effective way to satisfy US DOT, IATA DGR, and IMDG Code hazmat employee training mandates for bulk or non-bulk hazmat shippers. Produced and kept up-to-date by Lion's team of experienced hazardous waste trainers and regulatory experts, the Shipping Lithium Batteries (Function-Specific) Online Course
is comprehensive, reliable, and designed for busy hazardous materials professionals.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week.
Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time
Who takes Shipping Lithium Batteries (Function-Specific) training?
This course is built for any person who performs or directs hazardous materials pre-transportation functions for lithium battery ground, air, or vessel shipments: Packaging, marking, labeling, preparing shipping papers, or loading/unloading packages containing lithium batteries.
Need full hazmat/DG training to ship Lithium Batteries?
The Shipping Lithium Batteries Online Course provides general awareness, security awareness, and function-specific training to help you satisfy DOT hazmat employee training mandate at 49 CFR 172.704 or 173.185(c)(4)(v).