This online course covers how to package, mark, label, and document lithium battery shipments for transportation by ground, air, and vessel.
The course provides function-specific training for hazmat employees who prepare or offer lithium-ion or lithium-metal batteries for transportation, as required by 49 CFR, the IATA DGR, and the IMDG Code.
Course content is updated regularly to cover new and revised regulations for lithium-ion and lithium-metal batteries shipped separately, in-equipment, or with-equipment—by ground, air, and vessel.
- Engaging, interactive Shipping Lithium Batteries training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to document your lithium battery hazmat training
- 365 days of Lion Membership for complete compliance support
Shipping Lithium Battery (Function-Specific) Training Covers:
- Updated 49 CFR, IATA, and IMDG lithium battery regulations
- Revised requirements for excepted batteries
- Classifying, naming, and packaging lithium batteries
- Marking, labeling, and placarding shipments
- Primary vs. secondary batteries
- Shipping batteries "in equipment" and "with equipment"
- Completing shipping papers and the Shipper’s Declaration
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT, ICAO/IATA, and IMO/IMDG
(49 CFR 172.704, IATA DGR 1.5, IMDG 1.3.1)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes Shipping Lithium Batteries (Function-Specific) training?
This course is built for any person who performs or directs hazardous materials pre-transportation functions for lithium battery ground, air, or vessel shipments: Packaging, marking, labeling, preparing shipping papers, or loading/unloading packages containing lithium batteries.
Need full hazmat/DG training to ship Lithium Batteries?
The Shipping Lithium Batteries Online Course provides general awareness, security awareness, and function-specific training to help you satisfy DOT hazmat employee training mandate at 49 CFR 172.704 or 173.185(c)(4)(v).