This course prepares employees to properly handle and manage hazardous waste in compliance with US EPA's RCRA regulations. This RCRA training is built for operations-level personnel like waste handlers, operators, maintenance staff, production personnel, lab employees, and others at large or small quantity generator facilities.
US EPA requires annual training for hazardous waste personnel (40 CFR 262.17).
For comprehensive training to oversee hazardous waste compliance, choose the RCRA Hazardous Waste Management or RCRA Refresher training.
Effective RCRA hazardous waste employee training is critical to prevent releases and protect your facility from civil penalties that increase every year.
- Engaging, interactive RCRA hazardous waste personnel training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to demonstrate competence and fluency with RCRA regulations
- Year-round updates to your course resources
- Six months of Lion Membership for compliance support
Storing Hazardous Waste - Ops RCRA Training Covers:
- Introduction to RCRA—who is regulated?
- Defining solid waste and hazardous waste under RCRA
- Basics of RCRA waste codes
- Requirements for RCRA satellite areas
- Marking and managing containers in 90- and 180-day storage areas
- Storing and managing universal waste and used oil
- Emergency preparedness and reporting requirements
- Dealing with emergencies and releases
Training for RCRA Managers
EHS managers with RCRA compliance responsibilities should complete the RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Online Course
or the RCRA Refresher Online Course
Key Learning Objectives:
- Properly and safely accumulate and handle hazardous waste and universal waste on site under the RCRA rules for large and small quantity generators
- Label and manage hazardous waste containers in satellite or central storage areas
- Describe basic responsibilities for emergency preparedness and reporting
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US EPA (40 CFR 262.16 and 262.17)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
49 CFR Hazmat Training for Waste Shippers
Employees who prepare off-site shipments of hazardous waste must be trained on both RCRA hazardous waste standards and US DOT’s 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR).
For operations personnel, we recommend Storing & Shipping Hazardous Waste—Ops
To approve shipments or sign the Hazardous Waste Manifest
we recommend completing comprehensive training on US DOT's hazardous materials shipping regulations: