This course prepares employees to properly manage and ship hazardous waste in compliance with the latest RCRA hazardous waste and 49 CFR hazmat regulations. This streamlined RCRA and DOT training
is built for personnel like waste handlers, operators, lab employees, loading dock workers, and others.
US EPA requires annual training
for hazardous waste personnel (40 CFR 262.17)
For comprehensive training to oversee hazardous waste compliance, choose the RCRA Hazardous Waste Management or RCRA Refresher workshop or online course.
Effective hazardous waste training is critical to protect your facility from civil penalties for hazardous waste and hazmat shipping violations now as high as $79,976 per day, per violation.
- Engaging, interactive RCRA and hazmat employee training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to demonstrate competence with DOT and RCRA requirements
- Six months of Lion Membership for compliance support
Storing & Shipping Hazardous Waste—Ops Training Highlights:
- Introduction to RCRA—who is regulated?
- Defining solid waste and hazardous waste under RCRA
- Basics of RCRA waste codes
- Requirements for RCRA satellite areas
- Marking and managing containers in 90- and 180-day storage areas
- Storing and managing universal waste and used oil
- Emergency preparedness and reporting requirements
- Dealing with emergencies and releases
- Hazmat General Awareness & Security Awareness
- Selecting, filling, and closing hazmat packagings
- Marking, labeling, and placarding hazmat shipments
- Loading hazmat and checklist for hazmat shippers
- Preparing hazmat shipping papers and the Manifest
Key Learning Objectives:
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US EPA and US DOT (40 CFR 262.16 & .17 and 49 CFR 172.704(c))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online RCRA training?
Online RCRA training is convenient, cost-effective way to satisfy US EPA hazardous waste training mandates for hazardous waste personnel at large, small, or very small quantity generator personnel. Produced and kept up-to-date by Lion's team of experienced hazmat and hazardous waste trainers and regulatory experts, the Storing & Shipping Hazardous Waste - Ops Online Course
is comprehensive, reliable, and designed to simplify compliance for employees at any experience level.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week.
Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time