Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop basic understanding of the hazmat-by-rail supply chain
- Properly prepare and offer hazmat by tank car, freight container, bulk or non-bulk package for transportation by rail in compliance with 49 CFR.
- Detail the unique restrictions for Class/Division 2, 2.1, 3, and 6.1 materials.
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online hazmat rail shipper training?
Online hazmat training is convenient, cost-effective way to satisfy US DOT hazmat employee training mandates for bulk or non-bulk hazmat shippers. Produced and kept up-to-date by Lion's team of experienced hazmat trainers, regulatory experts, Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM), and Certified Dangerous Goods Professionals (CDGP), the Hazmat Ground Shipper- Additional Rail Requirements
is comprehensive, reliable, and designed to simplify hazmat compliance for new or experienced employees.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week.
Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time
Who takes this Hazmat Rail Shipper online course?
This hazmat rail shipper course is designed for hazmat employees with a working knowledge of the US DOT’s 49 CFR hazmat regulations who need to know the additional rules that apply to hazmat shipments offered for rail transportation.
Hazmat Training Prerequisite:
Lion recommends that employees complete training in the basic US DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR). This Rail Shipper course covers only the unique, additional requirements that impact the rail mode.
We recommend completing HMT P30 or HMT 300, Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification (DOT), prior to this training.