Question of the Week: DOT Rules for Reusing Drums for Shipping Hazardous Waste
- Incompatible residues, or
- Any ruptures or other damage.
- For drums, the outer layer must meet minimum thickness requirements.
- Must still be an authorized packaging under 49 CFR 173 packing regulations
- Transport by Highway only
- Must be inspected for leaks prior to transport, 24 hrs. after it has been filled and closed
- Must be loaded, unloaded, and transported by shipper, consignee, private, or contract carrier.
- The package may only be transported using this relief once
Tags: DOT, hazardous waste, hazmat shipping
Find a Post
No comparison. Lion has the best RCRA training ever!!
Very well structured, comprehensive, and comparable to live training seminars I've participated in previously. I will recommend the online course to other colleagues with training requirement needs.
I had a positive experience utilizing this educational program. It was very informative, convenient, and rewarding from a career perspective.
I love that the instructor emphasized the thought process behind the regs.
Corporate Product Stewardship Specialist
This training broke down the regulations in an easy-to-understand manner and made them less overwhelming. I now feel I have the knowledge to make more informed decisions.
One of the best trainings I have ever received!
You blew the doors off the competition!
Given the choice, I would do all coursework this way. In-person courses go very fast without the opportunity to pause or repeat anything.
Chemical Laboratory Manager
The instructor clearly enjoys his job and transmits that enthusiasm. He made a dry subject very interesting and fun.
My experience with Lion training, both online and in the classroom, is that they are far better organized and provide a better sequential explanation of the material.
Manager, Dangerous Goods Transportation
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Four key considerations to help you maximize the convenience and quality of your experience with online training.