New Clean Water Act Rulemaking Affects NPDES Permit Program
- Withdraw more than 2 million gallons of water per day (mgd) from waters of the United States, and
- Use at least 25 percent of that water exclusively for cooling purposes.
- Impingement means the entrapment of all life stages of fish and shellfish on the outer part of an intake structure or against a screening device during periods of intake water withdrawal.
- Entrainment means the incorporation of all life stages of fish and shellfish with intake water flow entering and passing through a cooling water intake structure and into a cooling water system.
- Best Technology Available (BTA) to address impingement, which includes a national performance standard along with six alternatives that are equivalent to or better than the performance standard;
- Site-specific determinations of BTA to mitigate entrainment, and
- BTA standards for new units at existing facilities similar to the rules for new facilities found in 40 CFR 125, Subpart I.
Find a Post
Lion does a great job summarizing and communicating complicated EH&S-related regulations.
Sr. Environmental Engineer
The instructor took a rather drab set of topics and brought them to life with realistic real-life examples.
The instructor was very knowledgeable and provided pertinent information above and beyond the questions that were asked.
Well designed and thorough program. Excellent summary of requirements with references. Inclusion of regulations in hard copy form, as well as full electronic with state pertinent regulations included is a great bonus!
Best instructor ever! I was going to take my DOT training w/a different provider, but based on this presentation, I will also be doing my DOT training w/Lion!
Hazardous Waste Professional
These are the best commercial course references I have seen (10+ years). Great job!
EHS & Facility Engineer
The price was reasonable, the time to complete the course was manageable, and the flexibility the online training allowed made it easy to complete.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
As always, Lion never disappoints
Best course instructor I've ever had. Funny, relatable, engaging; made it interesting and challenged us as the professionals we are.
The instructor had knowledge of regulations and understanding of real-world situations. The presentation style was engaging and fostered a positive atmosphere for information sharing.
Safety & Environmental Compliance Officer
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Look beyond the annual "Top 10 List" to see specifics about the most cited OSHA health & safety Standards and the individual regulations that tripped up employers the most last year.