DOT Names Lithium Battery Air Safety Advisory Committee
Ship lithium batteries? Get the training required by US DOT and the IATA DGR to ship by ground and air. The Shipping Lithium Batteries Online Course is updated to cover the latest regulations all shippers must know for 2020.
The Committee, formed in accordance with the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018, will meet at least twice per year, in advance of meetings of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and related panels or working groups. Per its charter, the Committee will operate until May 2025.
The purposes of the new lithium battery committee, according to DOT’s announcement, include:
- Facilitating communication amongst manufactures of lithium batteries and products containing lithium batteries, air carriers, and the Federal government.
- Discussing the effectiveness and the economic and social impacts of lithium battery transportation regulations.
- Providing the Secretary with information regarding new technologies and transportation safety practices.
- Providing a forum to discuss Departmental activities related to lithium battery transportation safety.
- Advising and recommending activities to improve the global enforcement of air transportation of lithium batteries, and the effectiveness of those regulations.
- Providing a forum for feedback on potential United States positions to be taken in international forums.
- Guiding activities to increase awareness of relevant requirements.
- Reviewing methods to decrease the risk posed by undeclared hazardous materials.
Courses to Ship Lithium Batteries in Full ComplianceBe confident that your personnel are properly trained to offer lithium batteries for transportation. Lion’s popular Shipping Lithium Batteries Online Course is updated regularly to cover the latest regulations that shippers must know under 49 CFR (US DOT), the IATA DGR, and the IMDG Code.
New! Ship excepted lithium batteries by ground, air, or vessel? We’ve got a course just for you! The new Shipping Excepted Lithium Batteries Online Course will help you identify the requirements you must know, without getting bogged down or confused by rules for fully regulated lithium batteries.
Find a Post
The instructor created a great learning environment.
CAD & Environmental Manager
I was able to present my scenario to the instructor and worked thru the regulations together. In the past, I attended another training firm's classes. Now, I have no intention of leaving Lion!
Senior Environmental Engineer
Lion does a great job summarizing and communicating complicated EH&S-related regulations.
Sr. Environmental Engineer
The instructor made the class enjoyable. He presented in a very knowledgeable, personable manner. Best class I've ever attended. Will take one again.
Environmental Compliance Manager
Well designed and thorough program. Excellent summary of requirements with references. Inclusion of regulations in hard copy form, as well as full electronic with state pertinent regulations included is a great bonus!
Lion's online training is more comprehensive, has better slides, and is a superior training experience than what I would get from other trainers.
District Environmental Manager
The workshop covered a lot of information without being too overwhelming. Lion is much better, more comprehensive than other training providers.
I have been to other training companies, but Lion’s material is much better and easier to understand.
Very witty instructor, made the long times sitting bearable. One of the few training courses I can say I actually enjoyed.
Senior EHS Engineer
Best instructor ever! I was going to take my DOT training w/a different provider, but based on this presentation, I will also be doing my DOT training w/Lion!
Hazardous Waste Professional
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Tips to identify and manage universal waste under more-stringent state regulations for generators and universal waste handlers in California.