Key Learning Objectives
- Develop general awareness of hazardous materials regulations and how they apply to the employee's job
- Properly package, mark, label, and handle medical waste shipments for ground transportation
- Help meet US DOT hazmat employee training mandates
- What is a DOT hazardous material?
- How do regulated medical wastes compare to other hazmat?
- Classifying and naming regulated medical wastes
- General packaging requirements
- Selecting authorized packaging
- Marking and labeling packages
- Preparing shipping papers and manifests
- Recognizing and responding to security threats