This online course provides 4 hours of additional HAZWOPER training
required for on-scene incident commanders. The on-scene incident commander is the professional who implements and oversees or runs the site’s emergency response plan and Incident Command System (ICS).
This course must be taken in conjunction with Initial 24 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Initial Emergency Response
training or Refresher 4 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER – First Responder Level II
training. Enroll with the refresher course now by using the “Frequently Purchased Together” box found below.
In addition to demonstrating competency up to the operations level (Level II), the on-scene incident commander must also be familiar with local, State, and Federal emergency response plans and be ready to implement emergency response plans, control the incident, and manage the response.
- Engaging, interactive HAZWOPER awareness training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to document HAZWOPER awareness training
- Six months of Lion Membership for exclusive compliance updates and insights
HAZWOPER 4 Hour Incident Commander (Level 5) Training Covers:
- Basic hazardous materials vocabulary
- Knowledge of basic hazard and risk assessment techniques
- How to select, fit, and use proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- How to perform basic control, containment, or confinement operations within their capabilities
- How to implement basic decontamination procedures
Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop additional leadership skills needed to run or oversee a safe, effective emergency response or Incident Command System (ICS)
- Make an informed, accurate risk determination when a hazardous substance release occurs
- Select, use, and care for personal protective equipment (PPE) used by managers and personnel during response
Online Course Details
|Training required by
||OSHA (29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(v) and (q)(8)(i))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.