Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop general awareness of hazardous materials regulations and how they apply to the employee's job
- Properly package, mark, label, and handle infectious substances for ground or air transportation (with or without dry ice)
- Meet US DOT hazmat employee training mandates for employees involved in shipping infectious substances
Online Course Details
||Desktop or tablet
||5 to 6 hours
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704(c))
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.
Who takes infectious substances hazmat training?
Any employee who performs pre-transportation functions for the shipment of infectious substances, such as packaging, marking, labeling, completion of shipping papers, and/or supervision of the previously mentioned activities. This includes employees at hospitals, colleges, pharmaceutical companies, medical clinics or offices, research facilities, or other facilities that have diagnostic specimens or samples containing live cultures of pathogenic organisms.