Complete hazmat training for managers and employees who prepare and offer hazardous materials in limited quantities for ground, air, or vessel transportation using 49 CFR, the IATA DGR, and the IMDG Code. Professionals who complete this course are prepared to package, mark, label, load, unload, and prepare shipping papers/documentation for ground, air, and ocean transport.
US DOT, ICAO/IATA, and IMO/IMDG all require training for hazmat employees, including employees involved in preparing limited quantities of hazardous materials for transport.
Domestic and international hazmat regulations provide regulatory relief for shipping small quantities of certain hazardous materials (e.g., select paints, solvents, cosmetics, automobile supplies, fuels, and fuel additives). This course helps professionals identify opportunities to simplify shipping processes and limit exposure to US DOT's Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) compliance mistakes.
- Engaging, interactive hazmat employee training.
- Relevant excerpts domestic and international hazmat requirements.
- Trusted resources and references to simplify hazmat compliance.
- Year-round updates to your course resources and alerts about rule changes.
- 6 months of Lion Membership for complete compliance support.
- Certificate to demonstrate competence in hazmat/DG regulations.
Hazmat Limited Quantities and Consumer Commodities training covers:
- Applicability of the hazardous materials (hazmat) regulations
- DOT, IATA, and IMDG Hazard Classes
- General packaging requirements for all hazmat packages
- Specific packaging requirements for limited quantity shipments
- Marking, labeling, and placarding requirements for limited quantity shipments
- Shipping papers requirements for limited quantity shipments
- Loading and unloading hazmat packages
- Hazmat incident reports
- Recognizing and responding to security threats
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identify hazardous materials that qualify for relief when shipped as a limited quantity and properly prepare ground, air, and vessel shipments
- Properly classify, name, package, mark, label, handle, and document hazmat limited quantity shipments
- Helps satisfy DOT, IATA DGR, and IMDG Code training mandates for limited quantity hazmat shippers
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704) ICAO/IATA (IATA 1.5)
IMO/IMDG (IMDG 1.3.1)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
Why choose online hazmat limited quantities training?
Online hazmat training is convenient, cost-effective way to satisfy US DOT, IATA DGR, and IMDG Code hazmat employee training mandates for hazmat employees. Produced and kept up-to-date by Lion's team of experienced hazmat trainers, regulatory experts, Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM), and Certified Dangerous Goods Professionals (CDGP), the Shipping Limited Quantities and Consumer Commodities Online Course
is comprehensive, reliable, and designed to simplify hazmat compliance for new or experienced employees.
Online courses are available 24/7 with support available 7 days a week.
Our state-of-the-art learning management system gives you access to tools that will enhance your online training experience:
- Resume your training from where you left off with automatic bookmarking
- Track your progress with the detailed course status display
- Get answers to your course content questions from expert instructors
- Develop your compliance expertise with engaging interactions
- Test your knowledge with exercises and quizzes on critical topics
- Access your complete Lion training history at any time