Complete hazmat training for managers and employees who prepare and offer hazardous materials in limited quantities for ground, air, or vessel transportation using 49 CFR, the IATA DGR, and the IMDG Code. Professionals who complete this course are prepared to package, mark, label, load, unload, and prepare shipping papers/documentation for ground, air, and ocean transport.
US DOT, ICAO/IATA, and IMO/IMDG all require training for hazmat employees, including employees involved in preparing limited quantities of hazardous materials for transport.
Domestic and international hazmat regulations provide regulatory relief for shipping small quantities of certain hazardous materials (e.g., select paints, solvents, cosmetics, automobile supplies, fuels, and fuel additives). This course helps professionals identify opportunities to simplify shipping processes and limit exposure to US DOT's Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) compliance mistakes.
- Engaging, interactive hazmat employee training.
- Relevant excerpts domestic and international hazmat requirements.
- Trusted resources and references to simplify hazmat compliance.
- Year-round updates to your course resources and alerts about rule changes.
- 6 months of Lion Membership for complete compliance support.
- Certificate to demonstrate competence in hazmat/DG regulations.
Hazmat Limited Quantities and Consumer Commodities training covers:
- Applicability of the hazardous materials (hazmat) regulations
- DOT, IATA, and IMDG Hazard Classes
- General packaging requirements for all hazmat packages
- Specific packaging requirements for limited quantity shipments
- Marking, labeling, and placarding requirements for limited quantity shipments
- Shipping papers requirements for limited quantity shipments
- Loading and unloading hazmat packages
- Hazmat incident reports
- Recognizing and responding to security threats
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identify hazardous materials that qualify for relief when shipped as a limited quantity and properly prepare ground, air, and vessel shipments
- Properly classify, name, package, mark, label, handle, and document hazmat limited quantity shipments
- Helps satisfy DOT, IATA DGR, and IMDG Code training mandates for limited quantity hazmat shippers
Online Course Details
||Desktop, tablet, or mobile
|Training required by
||US DOT (49 CFR 172.704) ICAO/IATA (IATA 1.5)
IMO/IMDG (IMDG 1.3.1)
CEUs and Certification Maintenance
See how Lion courses can help you maintain your professional credentials.
What's different about online training at Lion.com?
Professionals choose Lion’s online training because our courses are more detailed and more up-to-date than other training available.
Hazardous materials, environmental, and safety professionals rely on Lion for:
- Courses developed and supported by credentialed, experienced trainers.
- Materials updated continuously to keep pace with changing regulations.
- Unrivaled training resources to simplify compliance and inform decision making.
- Flexible, convenient solutions to fit any schedule or learning style.
- Ongoing compliance support, including the Lion Finder Service.
Online courses can be accessed 24/7, from any internet connection, with support available 7 days a week. Test drive a course or learn more about online training.