This course can be used to satisfy initial or refresher
HAZWOPER training mandates for the Incident Commander.
In addition to demonstrating competency up to the operations level (Level II), the on-scene incident commander must also be familiar with local, State, and Federal emergency response plans and be ready to implement emergency response plans, control the incident, and manage the response.
- Engaging, interactive HAZWOPER awareness training
- Trusted compliance resources
- Certificate to document HAZWOPER awareness training
- Six months of Lion Membership for exclusive compliance updates and insights
HAZWOPER 4 Hour Incident Commander (Level 5) Training Covers:
- Basic hazardous materials vocabulary
- Knowledge of basic hazard and risk assessment techniques
- How to select, fit, and use proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- How to perform basic control, containment, or confinement operations within their capabilities
- How to implement basic decontamination procedures