Proposed New Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Management Leadership: Designate one or more individuals to implement the I2P2 Program. This will ensure that the program is being effectively implemented.
- Worker Participation: Work with employees to develop the program. Encourage workers to report concerns they have dealt with as part of their employment. In this way, the plan will cover important general safety standards, as well as safety standards for each unique location.
- Hazard Identification and Assessment: Investigate, assess, and document workplace hazards and any past injuries and illnesses. Once all existing hazards are identified, workers must be informed of these hazards.
- Hazard Prevention and Control: Create a control plan by prioritizing and controlling all hazards in the workplace. This includes fixing hazards that can be controlled immediately. The new control plan should then be shared with affected workers.
- Education and Training: Train employees on things like how to report injuries, how to recognize hazards, and ways to eliminate or reduce the hazards they encounter. This training must be provided in a language and vocabulary that every worker can understand.
- Program Evaluation and Improvement: Conduct a periodic review to evaluate the success of the I2P2. If necessary, modify the program to improve it.
Find a Post
The instructor kept the class engaged and made learning fun. There was a lot of information to cover but time flew by. I will definitely use Lion in the future!
Hazmat Shipping Professional
Lion Technology workshops are amazing!! You always learn so much, and the instructors are fantastic.
The instructor does a great job at presenting material in an approachable way. I have been able to save my company about $30,000 in the last year with what I have learned from Lion!
This is a very informative training compared to others. It covers everything I expect to learn and even a lot of new things.
Waste Management Professional
The instructor was very very informative, helpful, understandable and pleasant. This course answered many questions I had, being new to this industry.
I had a positive experience utilizing this educational program. It was very informative, convenient, and rewarding from a career perspective.
I have over 26 years of environmental compliance experience, and it has been some time since I have attended an environmental regulations workshop. I attended this course as preparation for EHS Audits for my six plants, and it was exactly what I was looking for.
Director of Regulatory Affairs
This training broke down the regulations in an easy-to-understand manner and made them less overwhelming. I now feel I have the knowledge to make more informed decisions.
The price was reasonable, the time to complete the course was manageable, and the flexibility the online training allowed made it easy to complete.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
Lion's online training is more comprehensive, has better slides, and is a superior training experience than what I would get from other trainers.
District Environmental Manager
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
This report answers two common questions concerning the hazardous waste manifest: "Is training required for person who sign the manifest?" and "If so, what training is required?"