Proposed New Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Management Leadership: Designate one or more individuals to implement the I2P2 Program. This will ensure that the program is being effectively implemented.
- Worker Participation: Work with employees to develop the program. Encourage workers to report concerns they have dealt with as part of their employment. In this way, the plan will cover important general safety standards, as well as safety standards for each unique location.
- Hazard Identification and Assessment: Investigate, assess, and document workplace hazards and any past injuries and illnesses. Once all existing hazards are identified, workers must be informed of these hazards.
- Hazard Prevention and Control: Create a control plan by prioritizing and controlling all hazards in the workplace. This includes fixing hazards that can be controlled immediately. The new control plan should then be shared with affected workers.
- Education and Training: Train employees on things like how to report injuries, how to recognize hazards, and ways to eliminate or reduce the hazards they encounter. This training must be provided in a language and vocabulary that every worker can understand.
- Program Evaluation and Improvement: Conduct a periodic review to evaluate the success of the I2P2. If necessary, modify the program to improve it.
Find a Post
The course was very informative and presented in a way that was easily understood and remembered. I would recommend this course.
Hazmat Shipping Professional
Very well structured, comprehensive, and comparable to live training seminars I've participated in previously. I will recommend the online course to other colleagues with training requirement needs.
This course went above my expectations from the moment I walked in the door. The instructor led us through two days packed with useful compliance information.
Excellent class, super instructor, very easy to follow. No rushing through material. Would like to take his class again.
EH&S Facility Maintenance & Security Manager
The instructor was very knowledgeable and provided pertinent information above and beyond the questions that were asked.
Excellent course. Very interactive. Explanations are great whether you get the questions wrong or right.
Environmental, Health & Safety Regional Manager
The instructor had knowledge of regulations and understanding of real-world situations. The presentation style was engaging and fostered a positive atmosphere for information sharing.
Safety & Environmental Compliance Officer
The instructor does a great job at presenting material in an approachable way. I have been able to save my company about $30,000 in the last year with what I have learned from Lion!
I was recently offered an opportunity to take my training through another company, but I politely declined. I only attend Lion Technology workshops.
Material Production/Logistics Manager
Given the choice, I would do all coursework this way. In-person courses go very fast without the opportunity to pause or repeat anything.
Chemical Laboratory Manager
Download Our Latest Whitepaper
Decrease spill, release, and injury risk and increase savings with these "source reduction" strategies to prevent unused chemicals from becoming regulated as hazardous waste.